Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Birthday

My new hobby has made birthdays more interesting at my house. My family now gets cool birthday cakes based on their interests. Collin is interested in music. He wanted a red velvet cake that looked like his guitar. Here is what I came up with...


Jared is into Legos. For him, I made a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing tinted red, a lemon cake with lemon icing, and a vanilla cake tinted blue with vanilla buttercream icing tinted blue. It was a big hit.


My dear husband has his own hobby ... brewing beer. For him, I made a chocolate stout cake ... with the stout of his choosing. I filled it with a yummy caramel filling. He said it was the best cake he ever had.


I can't wait to see what I make for my birthday. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment