Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rose Water Cupcakes


So the Act II of my artsy fartsy theater cupcakes are rose water cupcakes. To recap ... music director wants cupcakes for the first read-through of a play set in a parfumerie in Budapest. I've decided to call the lavender cupcakes Act I and the rose water cupcakes Act II.

I started off by buying a bottle of rose water.

I then made just a normal vanilla cake ... but instead of adding vanilla, I added the rose water.

I think I must have spilled a little of the rose water because my kitchen smelled like rose perfume for a really long time.

I decided to just make a regular vanilla buttercream for the icing. I didn't want the rose water to be overpowering, and I thought the vanilla buttercream would sweeten up the cupcake a bit.

It only seemed appropriate that I give these little cupcakes a rose swirl and some glitter for a little flash.

I thought they looked like real flowers all boxed up and ready to go.

My first adventure with baking with actual flower products. I really hope the actors and actresses, as well as the director like these. They have a truly unique flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment